As the Program Director of Digital Initiatives and Scholarship, Rick Johnson directs the design and development of the Libraries' data curation and digital library solutions for research, teaching, and learning. These include CurateND, the library’s service to curate, preserve, and spotlight collections and research at Notre Dame. Rick also provides oversight of data management planning services within the libraries, and supports activities in the Navari Family Center for Digital Scholarship.
Focus areas include:
With over 15 years experience, Rick has worked in software development, testing, sales, and management. As a graduate of the University of Notre Dame in 1999, Rick is also double domer with bachelor’s degrees in Japanese and Computer Science.
In his spare time, Rick enjoys distance running and traveling.
Don Brower is the Infrastructure lead for the digital library. He deals with digital preservation and storage. He also works on digital projects involving data analysis and digital humanities. He has a Ph.D. in Mathematics from Notre Dame.
His responsibilities include
Jeremy is responsible for management aspect of the Digital Library Technology Unit.
As our quality assurance developer lead, Harsh maintains testing frameworks for sets of web services, software, and tools developed and hosted by the Hesburgh Libraries. These include Digital Repository Technologies supporting preservation and sharing of research data and software, the library website, digital exhibits, and other tools. These are multi-tiered environments included with web applications, deposit and discovery interfaces, RESTful web services, and asynchronous back end processes.
Supporting testing of applications and systems at all levels of the software stack, duties include:
- Work closely with developers and product owners in creating and managing test plans and test scripts
- Develop testing plans including manual functional (UI) testing, automated functional testing, and automated performance testing (unit testing is performed by developers)
- Create and maintain automated tests for functional and performance testing
- Perform user acceptance training and focus groups as appropriate
Application Installation Management
- Collaborate with Colleagues on automated deployment scripts
- Configure applications both manually and using automated scripts
- Participate in systems design and planning discussions