Salem is primarily responsible for the procurement activities of the Library, reviewing expense reimbursement activity in the TravelND system and non-computer purchases in BuyND. He also assists the Director and the Senior Accounting Specialist with accounting activities.
- Audit all expense reports submitted by faculty and staff.
- Assist some faculty and staff with entering their expenses into TravelND.
- Answer questions about expense reimbursement, including issues with expense reports submission.
- Help assemble and submit expense reports for the senior leaders in the Library Administration office.
- Purchase all non-computer equipment and furniture for the libraries.
- Purchase many miscellaneous items for faculty and staff.
- Research and locate items for procurement that employees need but cannot easily find on their own.
- Coordinate purchases with many different departments on campus, working closely with the Controller’s Group, especially the Procurement Office.
- Ensure Library purchasing activities follow University guidelines and procedures, as communicated by the Controller’s Procurement Office.
- Update the Information Technology Budget Report on a quarterly basis.
- Act as Accounts Payable for most of the Library’s expenses (that are not related to materials acquisitions, resources deliver, or Interlibrary Loan services.
- Answer general questions related to budgets, expenses, and account code (FOAPAL) use.