As Administrative Assistant in the Collections Strategy and Research Services Program, Trudie provides administrative, clerical, and technical support for librarians in both the Area Studies and Global Affairs and the Humanities and Area Studies Units, as well as the Department of Rare Books and Special Collections. She acts as a principal communications liaison between those two programs. Trudie began working in the Hesburgh Libraries in the year 2000.
Collections Strategy and Subject Services Program
- Provides administrative and technical support for both the Area Studies and Global Affairs and the Humanities and Area Studies Units.
- Hires, schedules, trains, and oversees student workers within the two units.
- Maintains several Google Groups listservs within the Collections Strategy and Research Services Program.
- Serves as an administrator for LibGuides, and trains new subject librarians on using the program to create and maintain their subject guides and course pages.
- Processes requests for damaged material by performing book catalog searches in the library web catalog and other databases,updates Aleph catalog records, and delivers materials to Acquisitions for selector review.
- Provides computer support to both units and answers hardware and software questions, working with Library ITS to resolve computing and web site problems.
Rare Books and Special Collections
- Provides administrative and access support in Rare Books and Special Collections.
- As the first point of contact in the Special Collections Reading Room, Trudie welcomes patrons, assesses their research needs, and registers them.
- Pulls materials, or requests materials to be pulled by staff, student, or a curator.
Provides materials to patrons, and instructs them on how to properly handle them.
- Monitors the Reading Room when rare books and other materials are being consulted by patrons. Instructs patrons on how to use the scanner, as requested.
- Coordinates and facilitates the transfer of materials between Special Collections and the Conservation Unit.