Rob is the manager for the Library IT Support Unit of Hesburgh Libraries (LIB-ITS). In his role, he is responsible for providing leadership and consultative services for current and future IT-related hardware, software, services, training, and budgets for the Libraries. LIB-ITS staff of four support well over 1000 IT hardware devices including Mac and Windows PCs and peripherals, printers, open-book scanners, plotters, etc. The unit is also responsible for VoIP phones.
- Lead and manage a team of four IT Support Coordinators who provide a wide variety of IT services
- Overall responsibility for providing "Service Excellence" to Library faculty, staff, and students
- Collaborate with OIT and other IT units across campus in networking, software images, security, CWP, Pharos printers, and rollout of new products such as Google.
- In collaboration with Program Director and Finance Group, develop ongoing annual IT budget
- Based on budget, manage purchases, maintenance, and replacement of IT
hardware and software
Training and Development
- Support LIB-ITS staff as they learn and innovate in order to provide new and better services to Libraries
- Develop training opportunities for Library faculty and staff to improve their IT skills and embrace new software and technologies
- As a working manager, Rob is frequently "in the trenches" providing direct support to faculty and staff
- As a manager, he monitors progress on existing support tickets and emerging issues