As senior administrative assistant, Michele coordinates the activities of and provides primary support for the University Librarian (UL), which includes performing all clerical duties, scheduling, and travel arrangements. Michele serves as a liaison between the Library Advisory Council members and University employees, which entails coordinating meetings and events for the Advisory Council, notifying the Development and Stewardship Offices of Council concerns, and maintaining records for the Council. She coordinates meetings, maintains rosters, creates agendas, and takes minutes for the University Committee on Libraries.
Michele holds a Bachelor of Science degree in secondary education from the University of Central Florida.
Administrative Support for University Librarian
- Manage calendar, schedule meetings and appointments, and relay messages for the University Librarian.
- Take meeting minutes, prepare correspondence, obtain UL signatures, maintain files for Office of UL, make travel arrangements, and prepare expense reports for the University Librarian.
- Provide clerical support, coordinate events, maintain the web page, and serve as the liaison for the University Committee on Libraries.
-Proofread and edit marketing and promotional information for the Communications and Marketing Program Director, the Executive Administrator, and the University Librarian.
Foik Award Committee
- Compile and manage nominations and committee activities of Foik Award Committee.
- Create a committee composed of 3 T&R faculty, 1 student, and the 3 most recent recipients of the Paul J. Foik, C.S.C. Award (invite members, provide instructions, give clerical support).
- Schedule a meeting to select the award recipient, correspond with committee members, send instructions for selecting a recipient, and assist with writing the citation for the Provost.
Library Advisory Council
- Maintain all correspondence files and contact information for members of the Library Advisory Council.
- Coordinate all activities, events, transportation needs, lodging, etc. for advisory council members.
- Work with the University Librarian and the Advisory Council Chair to create an agenda for Council weekends, and then provide all administrative support needed for the members.