As senior administrative assistant, Michele coordinates the activities of and provides primary support for the University Librarian (UL), which includes performing all clerical duties, scheduling, and travel arrangements. Michele serves as a liaison between the Library Advisory Council members and University employees, which entails coordinating meetings and events for the Advisory Council, notifying the Development and Stewardship Offices of Council concerns, and maintaining records for the Council. She coordinates meetings, maintains rosters, creates agendas, and takes minutes for the University Committee on Libraries.
Michele holds a Bachelor of Science degree in secondary education from the University of Central Florida.
Administrative Support for University Librarian
- Manages calendar, schedules meetings and appointments, and relays messages for the University Librarian.
- Takes meeting minutes, prepares correspondence, obtains UL signatures, maintains files for Office of UL, makes travel arrangements, and prepares expense reports for the University Librarian.
- Provides clerical support, coordinates events, maintains the web page, and serves as the liaison for the University Committee on Libraries.
-Proofreads and edits marketing and promotional information for the Communications and Marketing Program Director, the Executive Administrator, and the University Librarian.
Foik Award Committee
- Compiles and manages nominations and committee activities of Foik Award Committee.
- Creates a committee composed of 3 T&R faculty, 1 student, and the 3 most recent recipients of the Paul J. Foik, C.S.C. Award. Invites members, schedules meetings, uploads nominations and documents of support, provides instructions to committee members, and supports the committee as needed.
- Schedules a meeting to select the award recipient, corresponds with committee members, sends instructions for selecting a recipient, and assists with writing the citation for the Provost.
Library Advisory Council
- Maintains correspondence files and contact information for members of the Library Advisory Council.
- Coordinates activities, events, transportation needs, lodging, etc. for advisory council members and their guests.
- Works with the University Librarian and the Advisory Council Chair to create an agenda for Council weekends, and then provides administrative support needed for the council members and Library administration.
Trademark Licensing and Human Rights Committee
-As a member of the TLHR Committee and the Licensee/Factory Assessment Subcommittee, Michele represents University staff, attends meetings, reviews licensee and factory audits, recommends acceptance or denial of new licensee applications or the continuance of manufacturing/licensing agreements.
-Schedules subcommittee meetings and edits documentation.
National Library Workers Day
-Reserves a venue for the NLWD celebration for Hesburgh Libraries staff and faculty.
-Collaborates with VenueND, caterers, or other vendors to select a menu and order food and table decorations and promotional materials; requests audio and video equipment, tech support, and equipment or furniture as needed.
-Edits the award recommendations/citations for the Communications and Marketing Specialist and provides clerical support as needed.