As senior administrative assistant, Michele coordinates the activities of and provides primary support for the University Librarian (UL), which includes, in part, all clerical duties and collecting and posting departmental and committee annual reports. She also serves as a liaison between the Library Advisory Council members and University employees and coordinates meetings and events for the Advisory Council, the University Committee on Libraries and the Foik Award Committee.
Administrative Support for University Librarian
- Manage calendar, schedule meetings and appointments, and relay messages for the University Librarian.
- Take meeting minutes, prepare correspondence, obtain UL signatures, maintain files for Office of UL, make travel arrangements, and prepare expense reports for the University Librarian.
- Collect and post annual reports for all Library divisions and committees.
- Provide clerical support, coordinate events, maintain website, and serve as liaison for the University Committee on Libraries.
Foik Award Committee
- Compile and manage nominations and committee activities of Foik Award Committee.
- Create a committee composed of 3 T&R faculty, 1 student, and the 3 most recent recipients of the Foik Award (invite members, provide instructions, give clerical support).
- Schedule meeting to choose award recipient, correspond with committee members, send instructions for selecting a recipient, and assist with writing the citation for the Provost.
Library Advisory Council
- Maintain all correspondence files and contact information for members of the Library Advisory Council.
- Coordinate all activities, events, transportation needs, lodging, etc. for advisory council members.
- Work with the University Librarian and the Advisory Council Chair to create an agenda for Council weekends, and then provide all administrative support needed for the members.